HetNet Expo will offer two days of comprehensive programming on both indoor and outdoor small-cell, Wi-Fi and DAS solutions and unique case studies to more than 600 attendees from across the wireless ecosystem. Our audience includes the wireless operators, IT venue managers, third-party neutral host operators, systems integrators and OEMs that are building out today’s wireless networks.
Keynote speakers include:
- Verizon’s Eric Fitzgerald Reed, who will address consumer and industry trends that are necessitating more network densification;
- Asad Rizvi of Nokia Networks, who will discuss his vision of the programmable world and networks of the future;
- Chetan Sharma, who will talk about the evolving world of connected intelligence;
- Boingo Wireless’ Derek Peterson, who will talk about the Mobile Mind Shift – the expectation that people can turn to their smartphones for the answer to everything; and
- Marc Ganzi of Digital Bridge Holdings, who will explain why he is betting big on small cells.
The HetNet is evolving beyond commercial cellular boundaries. Public-safety officials will have access to 700 MHz spectrum, but a new 270-page report from the Department of Commerce’s Public Safety Research Program notes that in-building coverage needs to be supplemented with a combination of small cells deployed indoors as well as Cell on Wheels (COWS). Hear from one of the authors of the study, as well as a Los Angeles Fire Department battalion chief on challenges facing the public-safety community.
Smart Cities and the Internet of Things are today’s buzzwords. Experts on the front lines in those fields will share how tangible efforts are being made in those areas, including the U.S. Navy’s Smart Shores initiative and the connected car.
Dive down into the weeds and ask tough questions during our Ask the HetNet Experts panel, using the social media tag #hetnetexperts. Learn best practices of how to tackle the mid-tier market, which still needs robust wireless coverage and capacity, but may need a new business model for successful deployments.
Regulatory challenges continue to exist. Hear from the Federal Communications Commission special counsel on how the government is working to remove barriers to deployments.
For more information, visit www.hetnetexpo.com.